DIAPER RASH AND SENSITIVE SKIN
People with sensitive skin are those that experience stinging, burning, redness, or tightness when their skin comes in contact with skin care products and / or household products.
Here is what dermatologists look for when diagnosing sensitive skin:
- Skin reactions such as pustules, skin bumps, or skin erosion
- Very dry skin and/ or easily injured skin which doesn’t properly protect nerve endings at the skin
- A tendency toward blushing and skin flushing
- Skin disorders or allergic skin reactions such as Eczema, Rosacea, or allergic Contact dermatitis
- Excessive exposure to skin-damaging environmental factors such as sun, wind, or excessive heat or cold
- Genetic factors, age, gender, and race differences in skin sensitivity are less well-defined, but still may play a role in causing skin reactions.
- Various illnesses can trigger specific sensitivity issues such as Shingles. Also Cancer patients that undergo Chemotherapy and Radiation are known to develop certain sensitivities during treatments and for periods of time thereafter.
FOR TOPICAL RELIEF:
For babies and / or any sensitive skin rashes, apply ELAJ Emollience 2-3 x per day or as needed to help calm skin and avoid itching and inflammation. Diaper and other rashes require area to stay clean and dry, but apply ELAJ Emollience after each diaper change. Avoid aby wipes with irritants such as alcohol. Opt for natural water rinse for cleaning instead of wipes whenever possible and blot dry with towel.